ARF is always in need of committed foster parents who can give a rescued dog or cat a temporary home and get it started on its way. Most of our animals have never been inside a home before and have not always been treated very well; therefore, they need some basic training and lots of love.
Please Note: All foster homes must be in the Calgary area. All food and medical care is provided.
Our amazing foster homes care for an animal and attend to all of its needs, including:
- vet appointments (if needed)
- feeding, walking and training
- having potential adopters in your home to meet your foster
- making the final decision on who adopts your foster
- and in the case of a dog, visiting the potential adopters home to see if their yard is secure and bringing him to PetSmart some weekends to meet potential adopters
Current Opportunities to Foster an Animal
Below are the various types of foster homes we need and a brief description. If you’re interested in fostering for us, fill out a foster home application and our Foster Home Coordinator will contact you as soon as possible!
Please note: Because each animal’s best interest is our top priority, we fully support and promote reward-based training techniques and ask that our volunteers, foster homes and adopters do too. View our Position on Training for more information.